Executive Director of the Institute for Recruitment of Teachers (IRT)
IRT is changing the composition of the nation’s school systems in order to build a more diverse cadre of teachers, school leaders, and professors who will elevate the quality, expand the scope, and enrich education at every level.
Despite best intentions and numerous efforts, America’s educational system lacks an adequately diverse pool of talented and passionate individuals who seek careers in education and who reflect the diversity of its students. IRT recruits talented, high potential college seniors and graduates to its fellowship program who aspire to become teachers, principals, and administrators in public and private K-12 education, as well as professors and deans at colleges and universities.
IRT is at an exciting moment in the program’s trajectory. Building off the success of the past chapter of leadership, the next Executive Director (“ED”) will provide strategic and innovative leadership to guide the organization toward increasing impact with Fellows, staff, institutional partners, donors, educators and beyond. The ED will focus on increasing the organization’s visibility and impact, fundraising, operational effectiveness and core mission delivery.
- A strategic, entrepreneurial and visionary leader able to develop and act on a vision for IRT’s next chapter;
- A dedication to educational access and the experience and drive to strategically leverage current IRT programs into greater opportunities;
- An “ambassador” for IRT, with the passion and drive to share IRT’s mission and vision with the outside world, and as a thought leader in the education reform sector;
- A builder of effective relationships at multiple levels within an organization; and
- A seasoned executive with strong staff, operational and financial management experience.